Hello Dear Wine and Chocolate Lovers and Happy New Year!
This is the first blog article of 2016. As Ayza team, we all feel refreshed after the holiday break, ready to embrace 2016 and all that this new year has to offer. And of course ready to indulge in finest wines and chocolates. Who can think of a new year, a new beginning without wine and chocolate? For the ones who are new to ‘wine and chocolate concept’, it can be one of your 2016 resolutions;
– Try a chocolate dessert with wine!
We already have a recipe and pairing suggestion for you. Voila!
Chef’s New Year’s Recipe: Chocolate Molten Cake
What do you need?
4 ounces unsalted butter
6 ounces bitter chocolate
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
How do you make it?
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Butter and lightly flour custard cups and place on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, over simmering water, melt the butter with the chocolate. If you don’t have a boiler you can also microwave the butter and chocolate in a bowl on high until the butter is melted, about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the egg yolks, sugar and salt at high speed until thickened and pale.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth.
- Quickly fold it into the egg mixture along with the flour.
- Divide the mixture among the custard cups and bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm and the centers are soft.
- Let the cakes cool for 1 minute.
- Invert on individual plates while warm.
- Serve immediately. If you like you can serve with with vanilla ice-cream
Do you need a pairing suggestion?
Chocolate is a great pairing with port. Try this dessert with a Taylor Fladgate 10 Year Old Tawny Port.
Taylor Fladgate 10 Year Old Tawny, is an exceptionally fine old tawny blend, aged for 10 years in oak casks. Elegant and smooth, combining delicate wood notes and rich mellow fruit. A superb dessert wine, particularly with dishes made with chocolate, coffee or almonds.
Enjoy this amazing pairing in the cold days of 2016 to warm your palate!
We have many exciting recipes and wine pairings to share with you in 2016. Please contact us at email@example.com to leave any requests you have for the new season. We always love to hear what interests you.